When faced with the task of clearing brushwood or handling large logs, hiring a tracked wood chipper can greatly simplify the process. At H. E. Services (Plant Hire) Ltd, we understand the importance of reliable equipment for efficient wood chipping. In this blog post, we will explore the key factors to consider when hiring a tracked wood chipper and highlight the remarkable features of our Timberwolf TW280TFTR for your wood chipping projects.
What is a Tracked Wood Chipper?
Tracked wood chippers are powerful machines designed to chip and shred wood material, making it easier to handle and dispose of. It is equipped with tracks for enhanced mobility and stability, allowing it to navigate various terrains and challenging landscapes with ease. They are widely used in forestry, construction, landscaping and other industries that involve wood processing.
Here are the key factors to consider when hiring tracked wood chipper:
Factor 1: Capability and Performance
When hiring a tracked wood chipper, it is crucial to assess its capability and performance. At H. E. Services (Plant Hire) Ltd, our Timberwolf TW280TFTR tracked wood chipper offers outstanding features:
- Chipping Capacity: The Timberwolf TW280TFTR can chip an impressive 6.5 tonnes of brushwood per hour, maximizing productivity and saving valuable time.
- Power and Efficiency: With a maximum power of 33KW, the Timberwolf TW280TFTR delivers exceptional performance, effortlessly tackling even the toughest wood chipping tasks.
Factor 2: Versatility and Manoeuvrability
The versatility and manoeuvrability of a tracked wood chipper are essential considerations.
- Mobility: Equipped with tracks, the Timberwolf TW280TFTR offers enhanced mobility and stability. It can easily navigate rough terrains, uneven surfaces, and challenging landscapes, making it suitable for various outdoor environments.
- Manoeuvrability: Weighing just 1600 kilograms, the Timberwolf TW280TFTR is lightweight and highly manoeuvrable. It can effortlessly operate in tight spaces and areas with limited access, providing greater flexibility during wood chipping projects.
Factor 3: Fuel Capacity and Efficiency
When hiring a tracked wood chipper, it is important to consider its fuel capacity and efficiency.
- Fuel Capacity: The Timberwolf TW280TFTR has a fuel capacity of 36 litres, enabling extended periods of work without the need for frequent refueling. This maximizes productivity and minimizes downtime.
- Efficiency: Our Timberwolf TW280TFTR is designed to optimize fuel consumption, ensuring efficient use of resources while delivering maximum power and performance. This makes it a cost-effective choice for wood chipping projects.
Factor 4: Suitable Environment
While tracked wood chippers offer enhanced mobility and stability, they are only suitable for specific environments when used for hire:
- Rough Terrains and Uneven Surfaces: Tracked wood chippers excel in rough terrains and uneven surfaces. Their tracks offer better traction and manoeuvrability, enabling easy navigation in challenging landscapes. Unlike wheeled chippers, tracked chippers can maintain stability and productivity in these environments.
- Perfect for tight spaces: Their compact size and agile movement allow them to operate in narrow pathways, densely vegetated areas, and confined job sites. In such situations, tracked chippers can easily access and process wood material.
It is important to understand that there are environments where tracked wood chippers may not be suitable. For instance, an indoor setting with delicate flooring or finished surfaces. The tracks of the machine can potentially damage these surfaces or leave marks. In such cases, it is advisable to opt for alternative wood chipping methods that are more appropriate for indoor use.
Factor 5: Insurance and Security Measures
- Plant insurance provides coverage against potential damages or accidents that may occur during the tracked wood chipper hire period. It safeguards your financial interests and ensures that any unexpected costs or liabilities are covered. Be sure to consult with your insurance provider to obtain comprehensive plant insurance coverage tailored to your specific needs.
- Security measures can help protect your tracked wood chipper from theft or unauthorised use. These measures can include using secure storage facilities, employing immobilisers or tracking devices, and ensuring proper documentation and identification for those authorised to operate the chipper.
Factor 6: Safety Essentials
Always prioritise safety when hiring and operating a tracked wood chipper.
- Wear protective gear such as gloves, safety goggles, and ear protection.
- Carefully read and follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and instructions for safe operation of the chipper.
- Ensure that the chipper is operated by trained personnel who are familiar with its features and safety protocols.
When considering hiring a tracked wood chipper, several key factors should be taken into account to ensure successful wood chipping operations. At H. E. Services (Plant Hire) Ltd, we offer the high-quality Tracked Wood Chipper Hire services, which excels in capability, weight, fuel efficiency, and overall performance. Safety should always be a priority when operating this machinery, and having proper plant insurance coverage is equally important. Contact us to find out more about our Timberwolf TW280TFTR tracked wood chipper and secure a quote. Trust our reliable, efficient, and safe solutions for all your wood chipping needs.
All information correct as of: 18th July 2023.